Friday, November 11, 2011

Tinsel Korey on Breaking Dawn and future: Heat World Interview

Beating hundreds of other aspiring actresses, mingling with the likes of Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart and being part of the epic success that is Twilight: We have to admit that there many things we’d do to spend a day in Tinsel Korey’s shoes. Instead, We settle for a chat with the star behind the character of Emily Young and talk Robert Pattinson, getting into character and life behind the scenes...
To reach this rather enviable position, Tinsel has had to beat a lot of competition – 800 hopefuls to be precise - and admits: “when I found out, I was obviously very honored that they picked me. It was definitely a great honor.”

Twilight fans are a dedicated bunch

A great achievement in itself, but it’s especially refreshing to speak with Tinsel because Twilight is her first major film. Speaking of the difference between Twilight compared to smaller projects, she says: “With a lot of the films I’ve done before, they’ve been more independent, more artistic. The publicity with a film like [Twilight] is just on a completely grander scale, compared to independent films that don’t have that publicity behind them. To me that’s probably the biggest thing.
“That and the fan base. It was a book before and people were so in love with the book. Fans are a lot more dedicated than with an original, independent movie.”

Getting into character

She may be new to major films, but Tinsel has an impressive range of experience to share with her cast members. “We help each other,” she explains. “We definitely ask each other for advice every so often. Normally, I’m the one giving the advice!”
The advice, heat learned, has a lot to do with getting into character. Tinsel says: “For the role of Emily, I did a lot of things. I read the books and I found out a lot about her history, and the other thing I did was actually go to where the Wolf Pack are from originally. I spent time with the kids and did some acting classes with them.
“I went down to the Makah tribe and spent time with them, so I have a full grasp of where my character actually comes from.”

Hanging out with Robert, Taylor and Kristen...

Speaking of Robert Pattinson, she says: “I don’t have any scenes with Robert, but I did get to meet him in the make-up process. The first time that I saw him was in the make-up trailer. He’s very, very nice.
“I get to spend more time with Taylor and Kristen. She’s very nice and very reserved from my interaction. She’s playing a role where people have read the books and they imagine the character, so there’s a lot of pressure, but she’s just very focused."
“The shyness just comes from the fact that she’s really dedicated to bringing this character to life. That’s probably more what people are seeing than anything else.”
But with the boys, it’s a different story: “With the boys, there’s lots of testosterone. There’s a lot of playing football and things like that.”
On her future with the cast, she admits: “I’m not as close with the top 3. With the other boys, we actually had dinner together one time and I was like “will we all stay friends after?” I would like to think that we’ll all stay in touch in the future.”

How it all started...

Turning the conversation towards Tinsel’s background, we were keen to find out more about how she started in the intensely competitive world of acting. Starting with favourite actors, we learn Tinsel’s are the likes of Gwyneth Paltrow and Sir Ben Kingsley.
Moving on to talk about her own acting, Tinsel reveals she started when she was a young teen. She took part in commercials and advises aspiring actors to start off young. More tips can be found on http://tinselkorey.tumblr.com/.
Another film of Tinsel’s, Stained, is “a very different role from Twilight”. She says: “It’s a darker film and it obviously pushed me as an actress quite a bit. It was an intense role, but it’s great as a psychological thriller style movie.”

Plans for the future?

Speaking of the future, the Canadian star explains: “After doing such an intense movie like Stained, I was really looking for comedy and I’ve actually trained comedically for a very long time. I’ve just finished a movie and the working title is Fishing Naked. It’s sort of like American Pie with a bit of a supernatural twist. It was just such a great time filming because comedy is something that I love doing.”
She adds: “I’ve actually just signed up with a music manager. My music manager and I are actually looking at producers and looking into doing an EP in the recent future.”

Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 is out in cinemas from November 18th (as if you needed reminding!).

No comments:

Post a Comment