Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Kiowa Gordon- DaMan Interview and pics

You know him as Embry Call, the shape-shifting native American from the Twilight franchise. Kiowa Gordon is also a star of DA MAN‘s ‘Young Hollywood’ channel.

It’s not often that a young guy with no acting experience gets approached in church by a middle-aged married woman about becoming a part of one of the biggest blockbuster movie franchises in history. But that’s what happened to Kiowa Gordon one day at his Arizona church a couple years back.
Stephenie Meyer, the author of the world-famous Twilight books, was that woman. Starring in this month’s Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1 alongside Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Kellan Lutz, Kiowa Gordon took time out to give DA MAN some stylish looks and some insights into his life.



DA MAN: One of your most memorable experiences is…
Kiowa Gordon: Stepping on the twilight saga set for the first time. I knew the moment I said my first line that this is what I live for, this is who I am.

DA MAN: You can’t live without your…
Kiowa Gordon: I sure as hell can’t live without my family and friends but I passionately stand by art. Film and music is the blood coursing through my veins.
 
DA MAN: Your idea of happiness…
Kiowa Gordon: Sitting on the biggest. most comfortable couch in world. With the ones I love, watching our favorites shows and films together.

DA MAN: You value…
Kiowa Gordon: My life, art, and family built around trust.


DA MAN: Something that you’ve not told anyone is…
Kiowa Gordon: I’ve got a pocket full of stifling manners.

DA MAN: This year, your goal is to…
Kiowa Gordon: Work with great artists who are passionate in their medium. Whether it be Films, TV, or Music.

DA MAN: Fashion, to you, is…
Kiowa Gordon: A projected image of who we are inside.

DA MAN: If your were not acting, you would be…
Kiowa Gordon: A CIA agent.
DA MAN: Your favorite journey has been…
Kiowa Gordon: The life I’m living has been the greatest journey of my life

DA MAN: Your motto in life is…
Kiowa Gordon: Hakuna Matata. It means no worries for the rest of your days. Even though it’s a Lion King reference it still has a lot of weight.

 Source

Photographs: Eric Silverberg
Fashion Editing: Yann Bean
Styling: Jon Marc
Creative Directing: Jennifer de Klaver
Production Philip Buiser/Two Penguins Productions
Grooming: Daisy Hizak/Artists For Higher, Inc.
USA Editor Mitchell Nguyen McCormack

No comments:

Post a Comment