Saturday, November 19, 2011

Chaske Spencer on the End of Twilight: Parade Interview

In Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1, Chaske Spencer plays the leader of the wolf pack, Sam Uley. Off the set, the 36-year-old star takes his role as protector very seriously.

Spencer talked to Parade.com about bonding with his fellow werewolves over those shirtless scenes and saying farewell to the franchise that kick-started his career.



On Sam's role in Breaking Dawn.
"He has to do a duty to protect the treaty of the tribe, so he goes against Jacob and the wolf pack splits. He has to make some decisions as the alpha male. The stakes are higher in Breaking Dawn. The fans who read the book know what I mean!"


Werewolves vs. vampires.
"I don't know if werewolves are more interesting. They have their own set of qualities. I like that they're both supernatural characters. They had no choice becoming a werewolf, so it's a little different."

On his favorite film of the franchise.
"Probably New Moon because it was very fresh and I got to know the guys."

On those shirtless scenes.
"It's very cold! It definitely was a bonding experience with the guys who play the other werewolves. But it was all in good fun. It's not a bad day at work when you just have to take your shirt off for a big franchise movie. There are worse jobs out there!"

On the final day of shooting Breaking Dawn, Part 2.
"It was very tough. We shot until we saw the sun come up and we were very tired, so it wasn't like this magical moment. I just went home and went to bed. I didn't go out with a bang, I went out with a whimper! I was very tired."

On the end of Twilight.
"It's like a party and all parties come to an end. It's been a fun run. I've had a great time and made some really great friendships, but it's over and I'm looking forward to moving on, but I'll always be grateful for this franchise."
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment