Monday, January 16, 2012

Taylor Lautner Not to do Goliath with Dwayne Johnson

Taylor is now officially out of Goliath.

Producer Wyck Godfrey told Collider, “Taylor was going to star in it. I was this close, but ultimately I think he felt like, ‘Maybe I wanna do something else.’ I don’t know exactly why he’s not doing it. But, my imagining is that he thought, ‘I’m going to stay contemporary, instead of going back to Biblical times.’”

Source

Scott Derrickson, the guy who gave us "The Exorcism of Emily Rose," wants to direct a new take on the David vs. Goliath Biblical tale according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Like "300," this one will be a period action movie with contemporary flair. The plot follows warrior Goliath as he is sent to track down a young shepherd named David who is foretold to be the king of the Israelites. What follows next is a battle of Biblical proportions.

No comments:

Post a Comment